In Memory of Pets

A forum for all pet lovers.
It is currently Sun Dec 21, 2014 4:34 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: My best friend "chewie"
PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 10:23 pm 

My best mate "chewie" staghound/malamute cross left my side 4 days ago.12 years old. His poor old legs just couldnt lift him up anymore. I had to make the decision to send him on his way. It was a very distressing thing for me and i am still crying today. He has left a huge hole inside me and i just cant seem to find a way through it. I hope it gets a bit easier and i can remember him for all the fun we had and the love we gave each other, instead of the final moment his head slowly rested into my lap.
See ya mate, forever in this broken heart
Dad

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 11:40 pm 

how have others coped? i dont have anyone to lean on. I have never been this upset before.
thankyou

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 12:29 am 

I lost my 16 year old cat to cancer last May and not a day goes by where I don't miss her.
I take solace in knowing that I provided her with a good life and I get comfort from Chiquita my remaining cat.
Those who have not bonded with a beloved pet don't understand how much it hurts, it's just like losing a family member or a child.
In some way it's worse, a pet is our special friend and they don't have anyone else, when they get sick and die we feel we failed them because a child isn't suppose to die before there parent.
I've lost many beloved pets during my life time and the older I get the worse it hurts.
The only thing that helps is providing a home for another animal that needs someone like us, they can't take the place of those that are gone but if allowed to can make their own place in our heart.
My dearest wish since I never had children of my own is when I cross over to the other side to be reunited with all the beloved animals that I shared my home and heart with.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 8:54 pm 

Hello Chewie's Dad,

It is so very hard to lose your best mate, pets are the truest and most loyal of friends.

Thre beside you all the time, often it takes us by surprise just how much of a hole they leave when they are no longer with us, that constant willing eager companion,

I want you to know that although the loss never really leaves you, the pain that you feel does change, and the heartache eventually becomes less intense.

Memories will start to bring a smile instead of overwhelming feelings of loss.

KNow that here - everyone understands the depth of your sadness, and understands just how important your mate is to you.

My heart to yours,

Kerry

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 11:39 pm 

Thankyou Kerry
My heart goes out to all have lost

Chewie's Dad
Richard

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 9:07 am 

unfortunately, the hole that a baby's dying puts in your heart never goes away. eventually, there will be a scab over it, but the hole will never heal.
my special boy has been gone for almost seven months, and every morning when i boot up the computer, the first thing i do is put his memorial page up. i suppose that is scratching the scab and making it bleed, but at least he knows i'm not forgetting him.
to make matters worse for me, we had to move three months ago, so i only get to visit his grave once a week or so.
i really believe that a baby's spirit stays with us, but we just can't give it hugs and kisses any more.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 8:54 pm 

I am sorry to hear that and I can totally understand your deeply grief. I lost my beloved dog last month and I can't fall asleep in the night because I miss her so much. She have stayed with me for 3 years and she is my best friend.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 11:17 pm 

nearly a month has gone by and thinking of him fondly every minute. Cant seem to find that get up and go, that sparkle that i used to have with him around. I hope we are re united with loved ones when we go. Its a sad world without him.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 10:40 am 

I understand completely. I lost my little Pomeranian, Huey, a year ago this month and I still cry several times a week over him. I loved him so much and he did so many things that showed me that he loved me too. He was the third Pom I've had and I was more attached to him than any pet I've had in my 52 years of life. Huey was almost 14. I miss his presence in the house so much. I know we gave him the best life any dog could ever hope for but I just miss him being around. We still have our other little Pom, Hershey, but life just isn't the same without Huey. I wrote and published a book about him and people tell me that must have helped me but in reality, it didn't. I miss him just as much as ever. So I empathize with anyone who has lost a pet - it leaves a tremendous hole in your life and heart.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 11:33 pm 

I'm so sorry,chewie's Dad. I had a very special little dog named Mitzie I adored. When she died,I was almost hysterical and missed her SO much. I couldn't think of her without crying. It has been many years now and I can think of her without crying now but still miss her so much. THen I lost two more Yorkies,Boo and,recently,Bonnie. Again,tears and tears. I said,"NO MORE DOGS! IT HURTS SO MUCH"! Now I sit here with a little chihuahua named Goober I adore.:) My heart mended enought to know other animals needed me. He can never take the place of Mitzie,Boo and Bonnie. He has his own special place in my heart,like each one of them did. And today,he earned my thankfulness forever. Someone tried to break into the house and Goober heard them and went tearing into the living room. I ran for my cell phone and yelled,"I'm calling the police" and did so. Goober never stopped barking and whoever it was ran. Goober thinks he's a German Shepard and I better tell him he's not. He kept throwing himself against the window. The police picked up a man two blocks away who had cuts on his hand from hitting my window so hard it broke. They found his car with burglary materials inside. I hope they don't want to make Goober a K-9 dog. :)
My heart has been so broken. But you will see another pair of sad eyes when you are ready. SO many need good homes. Only you will know when you are ready though. Your heart will tell you so. God Bless you and God bless sweet Chewie.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 1:02 pm 

I am so sorry to hear about the loss of "Chewie" :( I am sure he was a wonderful loving friend....they all are. I recall sending my Princess to Rainbow Bridge and it was the hardest thing I ever did. I was fortunate to have another little sweetie and he would look for her all the time...it was so sad...they too mourn.

If you would like please post a picture of your baby and I will make a tribute with a poem so that you can print it out and frame it, if you like. Of course, no charge. I do it in memory of my sweeties...

Take care and we are here for you to lean on...and keep in mind Chewie left knowing you loved him....

Hugs...Anastasia